Most people are scared of pyramid schemes, I know, I am! They con you into buying a product or investing in something that you don’t actually get to touch. Who wouldn’t be fearful? “Sure, let me just throw all my hard earned cash at you because what you’re saying tells me I’ll make tons of money and not have to work for it!” People who are into these things are either; 1. ruthless and they don’t care about you or your feelings and are also trying to make a quick buck. Or 2. They have been duped themselves but haven’t realized it yet.
Pyramid schemed explained…they are called pyramid schemes because the shape they seem to take. There are a few high payed people who are towards the top and the lower you go you will see more people that are getting payed less. This is why people are fearful, because they see the minority’s getting payed less and they have to climb the ladder to get to the top where the money is flowing better. But with pyramids schemes the people on the bottom never make it to the top. The people who are higher up can choose to let you climb or not. Good chances are, they’re not going to let you up because they want to make more money off of the little (naive) guy who thinks the more people they invite to join the business the more money they will make.
I’m here to tell you a cold hard fact about this….THIS IS HOW EVERY JOB OUT THERE WORKS!!!! Ok, I’m sorry I yelled at you but let’s think for a second. When you walk into your first job you know nothing(you are at the bottom) but you slowly learn it which mean you slowly climb(the pyramid) and you might get a raise. Your boss gets paid more than you, so does your manager, so does anyone else above you!! This is a that pyramid shape again people! Your church has the same shape! You are in the pews, you’re not going to rank up in your church either.
An MLM is not quite the same thing and it’s not a scheme. It takes more of a square shape because you, your enrollee and your personally enrolled are a team. You work together and help build each other up. An MLM is a ligitamint business just like your 9 to 5 clock punching job without all the politics, rules and regulations, and the part where you don’t get to pick your own hours and have to deal with your boss.
Let me explain a few things about the difference between an MLM versus a pyramid scheme.
A few guidelines to go by when choosing a MLM company.
1. Check to see how long the company has been in business. If you hear things like, “ground breaking” or “just starting out but there’s already tons of proof behind it.” Don’t buy that nonsense. Any company who is just gettin started will most likely fail in this industry. Statistically speaking 50% of these businesses fail in the first year. After 5 years of the business “working out” 90% of the reps have left the company.
2. What does the company sell? Do they sell a product such as bags or containers, cleaning supplies or jewelry? Do they offer some kind of service? Do they have promises that they will help you get money fast with little or no work? Be leary of these companies.
3. If the person approaching you says there are no start up fees….walk away. It takes money to make money. Everything has a start up fee if it is a legitimate business. You have to invest in the company that you were working with. Just turn the tables and ask yourself this, “would someone who I don’t know believe me and just hand me money in hopes they will make money?”
4. Can the people who are just starting out in the business rank up past the enrollee? If you just signed up with an MLM company can you pass your leader and make more money than that person? Is there an income ceiling?
5. When you buy into this company or invest, do you have inventory that you have to store? Are you spending gobs of money upfront and having to haul around product, mail product to customers and keep track of orders too?
So do your research, see what the company stands for. Does the company sell a product, a service, or nothing tangible at all, are they just starting out? How long have they been in business, what is the main purpose of the business, and ask to see physical results?
I work for a wonderful MLM company where I make money to pay for my product, I do not have inventory, I do not have to mail product to customers, I do not have to keep track of orders and money, I can out rank my leaders, there are no ceilings on my income, my income is willable, and if I stop working for a week I still make money. To me this is not work, I love it and I make friends along the way. It’s awesome! I am investing in myself, my health, my family’s health, and my family’s wealth. I am my own boss, I get to stay at home with my kids, I make my own hours, and I get to teach people what my company has to offer and educate them on health and I get paid!! It’s not a dream, it’s the real deal. It is the best job offer ever and Im never turning back. Not only has it helped my income and my family’s health, it is also boosted my confidence and made me step out of my shell. I didn’t start with the company by breaking the bank! All’s I do is show people where to start and help them along the way. I don’t sell anything! My company is legit and it had been around for over twenty years. And my company gives out incentives to its loyal customers. I get free product because I am loyal to my company. Plus I earn free points to buy more product. I love my company! It is definitely a dream job and I love it!!!
If you are an entrepreneur and you are looking into a legitimate business, please do your research!! Don’t end up broke and angry! Because there is nobody you can go after if you buy into a pyramid scheme except yourself!
If your curious about a legitimate MLM company, feel free to contact me. I’d love to help a new entrepreneur start their journey!! I started my journey without help and I’m here to help others!